FREE 3 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
The Sigma fp Mirrorless Digital Camera delivers high-spec functionality for stills and video in an extremely compact body that weighs under one pound. Driven by a full-frame 24.6MP BSI Bayer CMOS sensor, 14-bit colour depth, electronic image stabilisation, and Leica's L-mount lens interface, the fp and its fully electronic shutter provide a maximum resolution for raw and JPEG files of 6000 x 4000 and a shooting rate of 18 fps, while its focus system employs contrast detection and a 49-point selection mode for AF measurement distance, as well as face detection, eye detection, and focus peaking. A base sensitivity of ISO 100-25600 can be expanded to ISO 6-102400, and its video recording capabilities allow for UHD 4K recording at up to 30p, while Full HD recording can be captured at up to 120p. For raw video data, 12-bit CinemaDNG external recording is supported. To help shooters fine tune their video content, Sigma's "Teal and Orange" mode is inspired by the colour grading techniques of Hollywood and creates high contrast between orange colours, which are found in human skin tones, and teals (cyan blue), which are their complement. So that users may easily switch between still and video modes, there is a switch on top of the camera.
Also available for video shooters in a "Director's Viewfinder" function, which allows for the simulating of different angles of view and how an image looks in a cinema camera. It supports cameras such as the ARRI ALEXA LF and RED MONSTRO 8K, as well as other commonly-used digital cameras, film cameras, and anamorphic lenses.
Compose and review your shots with a 3.15" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen, and media is captured internally to a UHS-II SDXC card slot. Thanks to an effective heat sink and a 42-point seal for dust- and splash-proofing, the fp will function well for long hours of use in a wide variety of environments. If you need to connect to external peripherals, there is a USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port and a micro-HDMI port.
Firmware Version 3.00
- Adds new Colour Modes "Powder Blue" and "Duotone"
- Adds the "Save/Load Settings" function saves and loads camera settings using a QR code
- Adds compatibility with the Sigma Electronic Viewfinder EVF-11
- Adds the "Automatic switch to the LCD monitor display" function to preview images and operate the menu on the camera's LCD monitor while using the View button, MENU button, and QS button
- Adds the "Quick Focus Frame Shift" function to the Rear Dial's direction buttons to directly move the focus frame
- Adds "Custom Buttons" able to assign their desired functions such as "Exposure Compensation" and "Depth of Field Preview" to the AEL button, Rear Dial (direction button), Tone Control button, Colour Mode button, and MODE (Shooting Mode) button
- Adds "LCD Off Mode" to the Display Mode settings whereby the LCD monitor turns off during shooting or when the camera is not in operation
- Adds a "Screenshot" feature to save any screen displayed on the LCD monitor as a still-image file
- Enables focus frame to be moved even when the image is enlarged during shooting in AF or MF
- Adds 24 and 48 fps frame rates (only at FHD resolution) in the Movie Record Setting
- Adds "KOMODO 6K" by RED Digital Cinema in the Director's Viewfinder mode
- Adds a "Custom Frame" option to the Frame Guide function, to select any desired aspect ratio or absolute size value on the image sensor
- Enables the "Colour Temperature" setting to be adjusted in "White balance" in custom 50K increments
- Improved AF operation to achieve better accuracy, stability, and followability
- Enhanced "Flicker Control" function
- Improve JPEG file image quality
- Launched 2021.06.03
Firmware Version 2
- Cinemagraph creation and playback
- CinemaDNG footage playback
- Still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Still image capture from CinemaDNG and MOV movie files
- HDR in movie shooting
- Still and movie shooting in Director's Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K 12-bit with raw output over HDMI
- Supports raw over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V recorder
- Supports recording Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models
- Camera movement control is compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal
- Supports camera control in USB mode with forthcoming Software Development Kit
Updates and Enhancements
- Supports Dual Base ISO at ISO 100 and 3200
- Supports CinemaDNG at 25 and 29.97 fps for UHD 4K 12-bit shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG at 100 fps for FHD 12-bit shooting
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 and 119.88 fps for FHD 8-bit and 10-bit shooting
- Exposure adjustment now available in QS Menu
- Tone control setting now available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) setting adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Supports time code generation
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Optional shutter sound effect
Equipped with a back-illuminated, 35mm full-frame Bayer sensor with 24.6 effective megapixels, the Sigma fp is capable of taking high-resolution still and moving images.
Robust & Lightweight Aluminium Body
A body covered with die-cast aluminium on the front and the back helps ensures robustness and heat dissipation while keeping the body weight light.
Large Heat Sink
Designed and inspired by those used on professional cinema cameras, a large-size heat sink is mounted between the LCD and camera body. Combined with a heat dissipation coating applied to the outer surface, the Sigma fp achieves highly effective heat dissipation. It helps prevent overheating at high temperatures or in long hours of use.
Dust- and Splash-Proof Structure
The Sigma fp is protected with the dust- and splash-proof sealing on a total of 42 points over the camera body. When combined with a dust- and splash-proof lens, the Sigma fp is capable of shooting in rain, sandstorms, and other challenging conditions.
Same Screw Threads for Strap Fittings and Tripod
The Sigma fp is fitted with 1/4"-20 threads for both the strap holder on either side of the body and for a tripod. This provides greater freedom in how one uses the camera, from mounting it on a tripod in portrait orientation with the fixing removed, to attaching a strap for use in portrait orientation after screwing the fixing into the hole on the base.
Full-Time Electronic Shutter
Shutter shock, sound, and lags: these are disadvantages of mechanical shutters. The Sigma fp is designed to minimise them in pursuit of a system to adapt to a variety of different shooting scenes. Shooting that requires precision where even the tiniest shake is to be eliminated; shooting without ruining the ambiance of the scene; and shooting with good response, without missing your shot. These types of shooting will open unique horizons in video creation. Furthermore, the absence of a mechanical shutter makes the Sigma fp's camera structure simpler, which in turn improves its reliability as a camera.
"Teal and Orange" Colour Mode
Colour grading is a process of altering the colour of a video and is an important step in filmmaking that will change the "mood" of a film or other types of work. One colour grade style that has been widely used in Hollywood films has inspired a new colour mode introduced in the Sigma fp, called "Teal and Orange." This colour mode is about creating high contrast between orange colours, which are found in human skin tones, and teals (cyan blue), which are their complement, for visuals that are highly vibrant and deeply dramatic. It can be used in both the Still mode and Cine mode.
A function formerly available only in Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma's proprietary image development software, Fill Light has now been incorporated into the body of Sigma fp. Using Fill Light allows adjustment of the brightness of an image by adding extra light energy into the shadow regions without altering the exposure of highlight regions. This provides greater control in producing an image with great details, even with areas that are hard to control using the exposure adjustment settings. The adjustment range, which was formerly ±2.0, has been expanded to ±5.0, making it possible to fine-tune the brightness even more.
Tone Control & Colour Mode
The Tone Control menu now has a manual setting option in addition to the two auto options available in previous models (Strong/Mild), which allows users to adjust the tone curve by themselves. The Sigma fp also has an "effect" slider in its colour mode menu. It can be used to set the strength of an effect to apply in 11 levels, from -5 to 5, which enables the fine-tuning of the colour mode. Additionally, "TONE" and "COLOUR" buttons allow for quick access to the tone control and colour mode menus. With these enhanced functions and a variety of operation elements, the Sigma fp makes it simple and easy to create an image, in-camera with great details, be it still or video.
The HDR shooting takes advantage of an electronic shutter to take multiple pictures of different exposures (3 frames for still photography and 2 frames for video) at once, which can then be merged into a single picture or video with a greater dynamic range that could not have been achieved in normal shooting.
The Sigma fp comes with a feature to make "Cinemagraphs," which are animated GIFs that are a hybrid between still photography and video. With this function, the Sigma fp is capable of creating unique imagery, where parts of a still image keep moving, in-camera.
Face/Eye Detection AF
The Face/Eye Detection AF function allows the Sigma fp to focus automatically on the eyes of a human subject. It can bring the eyes of the model into focus instantly and precisely, even when shooting portraits using a large-diameter lens with a shallow depth of field.
The focus peaking function highlights the edges of the parts of a scene that are in focus in a particular colour. It is designed to help focusing the lens manually.
L-Mount is a mount optimised for mirrorless cameras, characterised by a short flange focal length, large diameter, and improved durability. As an L-Mount camera, the Sigma fp can be used with various L-Mount lenses offered by Leica, Panasonic, and Sigma.
Supports Raw Video Data Recording
Aside from professional cinema cameras, the Sigma fp supports external recording in 12-bit CinemaDNG format. With up to 4K UHD recording at 24 fps, it produces video data that can be used even in filmmaking. It also supports All-I (All-Intra) recording, which makes it possible to maintain high image quality while reducing file size, allowing light data available for recording and editing.
The Sigma fp has a "Director's Viewfinder" function that allows the user to simulate different angles of view and how an image looks on cinema cameras. It supports cameras by major manufacturers commonly used in filmmaking. It supports not only large format cameras such as ARRI ALEXA LF and RED MONSTRO 8K, but also film cameras and anamorphic lenses.
Supported cameras include ARRI's ARRICAM/ARRIFLEX, ALEXA LF/ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA SXT, ALEXA Mini, AMIRA, ALEXA 65, and ALEXA XT; Sony's VENICE; and RED's MONSTRO 8K, HELIUM 8K, DRAGON 6K, EPIC MX 5K, and GEMINI 5K.
Functions Comparable to Pro Cinema Cameras
The Sigma fp's Cine mode comes with a variety of special functions that are comparable to those of professional cinema cameras. From shutter angle display and waveform display for exposure and colour information, to zebra patterning, it comes with the functions and screen displays that can be used in the same way as with conventional cinema equipment.
UI Optimised for Different Shooting Modes
Preserving the distinctive "feels" of Sigma cameras including dials and QS (Quick Set) buttons, the Sigma fp has specially-designed operation systems and displays for Still and Cine modes. At the flick of a special switch, it can move back and forth between the two modes. This presents a shooting experience that goes beyond the boundaries of traditional cameras that are designed either for stills or videos.
If you wish to pay using your card then unfortunately due to the value of the products we sell we can only send orders to the billing address of your card.
However, If you need to have an item delivered to an alternative address to your billing address then we can do this but you would have to select to pay via either Bank Transfer or Amazon Pay.
By using Amazon Payments you can select one of your saved address on Amazon for your delivery - we are happy to help over the telephone if you have not used Amazon Payments before or if you are having any problems.
We understand this can sometimes be difficult with work commitments, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Please note we are unable to accept card payments for orders placed from outside of the UK, the only methods of payment we can accept for orders from outside of the UK would be a bank transfer or Amazon Pay.
For UK we normally ship out your order within 3 to 5 working days of receiving your cleared payment. If you require delivery by or before a certain date please call us on 02086695668 and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Shipping insurance is included in the cost of delivery.
Alternatively, if you would rather come and collect from our office, you are more than welcome to. We would just require you to call us first on 02086695668 to place an order with us beforehand to check stock availability, and once your order is ready to collect, our sales team will contact you.