Affording you a life-size 1:1 magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 1', the Canon EF mount 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro Lens from Samyang is a manual focus short telephoto designed for working with subjects both near and far. The optical design incorporates one high refractive index element and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the focusing range, and an Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to minimise flare and ghosting for increase contrast and colour neutrality. A long focal length lens with close focusing abilities and a high magnification ratio, this macro lens is ideal for making close-up, detailed images of nearby subjects.
- This 100mm f/2.8 lens features a Canon EF mount, and is compatible with full-frame sensors or APS-C sensors, where it will provide a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- A bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is useful for working in a variety of lighting conditions and the minimum f/32 aperture helps to attain a long depth of field when working with close-up subjects.
- One high refractive index element and one extra-low dispersion element help to control chromatic aberrations and minimise distortions throughout the focusing and aperture ranges.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased clarity, contrast, and colour fidelity.
- Featuring a macro design, this lens affords a 1:1 maximum magnification ratio along with a minimum focusing distance of 1'.
- Benefiting working with especially close subjects, this manual focus lens features an internal focus design to maintain the overall lens length during use. Additionally, the front filter mount does not rotate when focusing to better enable the use of polarisers, graduated ND, and other filter types that require precise positioning.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.