3 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
Designed to go with you on your adventures and not get in the way, the OM-5 Mirrorless Camera from OM SYSTEM is a compact and durable Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera suitable for a variety of stills and video needs. Featuring a 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and an updated TruePic IX image processor, the camera provides quick continuous shooting up to 30 fps, as well as DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The sensor and processor also offer a sensitivity range of up to ISO 25600, while a sophisticated 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization system compensates for up to 6.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Beyond imaging, the sensor's design incorporates 121 phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance. Created for your imaging journeys, throw this powerful and versatile camera in your bag, or hang it on your shoulder and wait till inspiration strikes.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic IX Image Processor
A high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and updated TruePic IX image processor work together to provide fast shooting performance, a sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, and versatile 4K video recording capabilities. Additionally, the sensor and processor provide an impressive continuous shooting rate of up 30 fps when shooting in the camera's new Pro Capture mode, enabling you to capture fast-moving subject when time is of the essence.
121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detection AF
An advanced autofocus system combines both 121 phase-detection AF points and 121 contrast-detection AF points for focusing performance that is both quick and accurate. All 121 phase-detection points are cross-type for improved precision in mixed lighting conditions, providing enhanced subject tracking capabilities. Different focusing modes are available to suit working in various shooting conditions as well, including Group Target 25-point mode for moving subjects such as birds and wildlife. Face Detection and Eye Detection AF have also been upgraded, and the camera features a recently designed Starry Sky AF mode as well as individual AF area settings for vertical and horizontal positions.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 6.5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements benefits traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, when paired with select lenses featuring optical image stabilization, shake compensation up to 7.5 stops is possible.
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and OM-Log400
The sensor and processor also support recording both DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K movies. When working in DCI, a true 24p frame rate is used, while UHD 4K is available in frame rates up to 30p. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, and an external mic jack is available for improved audio recording quality. Additionally, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution.
Creative Shooting Modes
- Simulating the effects of a neutral density filter, Live ND 16 mode results in blurred subject movement by combining exposures into a single image to replicate a photo taken at slower shutter speeds. This is particularly suitable for photographing moving water and clouds.
- Focus stacking mode records multiple sequential frames then composites the exposures into a single image that exhibits an extended depth of field.
- High-Res Shot mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image.
- Live Composite mode gradually builds up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame and is ideal for long exposures, nighttime shooting, and light painting applications.
- New Vertical Video mode provides a 9:16 aspect ratio for easily integrating videos on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other similar platforms.
Body Design and Connectivity
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder for eye-level monitoring and clear, distortion-free viewing.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, and it is also a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and image playback.
- Included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to provide approximately 310 shots per charge.
- In-camera battery charging is supported via the micro-USB port.
- Single SD memory card slot is UHS-II compatible for fast read/write speeds.
- Wide accessory compatibility provided with the incorporation of a microphone port, a top hot shoe, micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports, and a 2.5mm port for optional remotes.
- Rugged splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof construction incorporates extensive sealing throughout the body design to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.