As a stills or hybrid shooter who switches from photo to video and back again its thought to be one of the best cameras you’ll ever use. Yes, it’s a powerhouse performer, with the 8K video outclassing many of the best cinema cameras. It’s speed puts it on a level with the best cameras for sport, its 45MP sensor out does all but a few of the best mirrorless cameras and in-body image stabilisation, which works together with a lens’ own IS system, delivers up to 8 stops of protection against camera shake. This is all provided with a new low-noise shutter, making your shooting super discreet. Ideal for event and wedding photographers.
The brand new 45MP image sensor pairs with the refined DIGIC X image processor to usher in a new generation of Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth, and intelligent focusing performance using 1053 selectable points that cover the entire field of view. This focusing system has also been updated to make use of Deep Learning technology for improved subject tracking as well as precise eye, face, and head-detection for both people and animals.
An especially high-resolution 0.5" 5.76m-dot electronic viewfinder provides a realistic 120 fps refresh rate while the 3.2" rear touchscreen LCD monitor sports a vari-angle design to accommodate vlogging needs as well as benefit working from high and low angles. A top class LCD makes for an intuitive workflow and the camera also incorporates dual memory card slots—one CF express Type B, one SD UHS-II—along with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless connectivity.
45MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
Built around a newly developed 45MP full-frame CMOS sensor, the Canon EOS R5 offers both high-resolution stills and video output and the fine-tuned DIGIC X image processor complements this with a wealth of speed. Sensitivity from ISO 100-51200, which can be expanded to ISO 102400, suits working in a variety of lighting conditions while quick continuous shooting up to 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, or silent 20 fps with an electronic shutter, is ideal for working with moving subjects.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
An updated Dual Pixel CMOS AF II features 1053 selectable focusing points, which cover approximately 100% of the image frame for wide and even coverage. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognise subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Subject tracking has also been benefitted through the use of Deep Learning technology, which helps to gradually refine the focusing system's ability to quickly and accurately recognise both people and animal subjects. This technology also supports the more refined eye, face, and head detection functions, for both people and animals, that are well-suited for portraiture applications.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabiliser
A first for EOS cameras, the R5 incorporates five-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation that compensates for up to an impressive eight stops of camera shake for truly effective compensation of camera shake to suit handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds. This stabilisation system also works in concert with lens-based optical image stabilisation for both native RF lenses and adapted EF lenses.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- High-resolution 5.67m-dot 0.5" electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Top status LCD can be used to quickly review camera and shooting settings.
- CFexpress Type B and SD UHS-II memory card slots are featured for flexible storage needs; the CFexpress slot is ideal for 8K video and high-speed, high-resolution burst shooting needs while the SD card slot retains a familiar form factor for wide compatibility.
- Both a 3.5mm headphone and a 3.5mm external microphone port are featured for improved audio monitoring and recording capabilities.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
- Durable, weather-sealed body design is built to handle tough working conditions and inclement weather.
- Both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi bands are available for fast file transferring to a mobile device and Bluetooth is also available to provide constant device connection via the Camera Connect app.
What's in the box?
- EOS R5 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- LP-E6NH Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 2130mAh)
- LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
- R-F-5 Camera Cover
- Battery Pack Cover
- Strap ER-EOSR5
- IFC-100U Interface Cable (39.4")
- IFC Cable IFC-100U Protector
Due to the value of the products we sell we can only send orders to the billing address of your card unless you choose to use Amazon Pay or pay by Bank Transfer.
By using Amazon Payments you can select one of your saved address on Amazon for your delivery - we are happy to help over the telephone if you have not used Amazon Payments before or if you are having any problems. We understand this can sometimes be difficult with work commitments, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Please note we are unable to accept card payments for orders placed from outside of the UK, the only methods of payment we can accept for orders from outside of the UK would be a Bank Transfer or Amazon Pay.
For UK we normally ship out your order within 3 to 7 working days of receiving your cleared payment. If you require delivery by or before a certain date please call us on 02086695668 and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Shipping insurance is included in the cost of delivery. The following table is a guide to shipping times for orders:
Rest of Europe
3-7 Working days from Payment Processing
5-7 Working days from Payment Processing
Alternatively, if you would rather come and collect from our office, you are more than welcome to. We would just require you to call us first on 02086695668 to place an order with us beforehand to check stock availability, and once your order is ready to collect, our sales team will contact you.