1 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
The Retina Display has found its way onto the late 2018 space gray Apple 13.3" MacBook Air.
With over 4 million pixels, the 13.3" Retina Display features a 2560 x 1600 screen resolution and a 16:10 aspect ratio for 227 pixels per inch (ppi). The display also features up to 48 percent more color than the previous generation. The display glass goes right to the edge of the screen for 50% less bezels.
The integrated Touch ID sensor allows you to unlock your MacBook Air with your fingerprint and authenticate your identity. You can also make secure online purchases with Apple Pay. Paired with the Apple T2 security chip, the T2's Security Enclave protects your Touch ID information and also ensures that software loaded during the boot process has not been tampered with. The T2 also features an SSD controller with on-the-fly data encryption for everything stored on the SSD for a secure boot process.
The keyboard utilizes Apple's butterfly mechanism for precise and responsive typing. Each key is individually backlit and works with an ambient light sensor for a more uniform illumination. You can also use the Force Touch trackpad, which is 20 percent larger than the previous generation, and has pressure-sensing capabilities as well as haptic feedback. The stereo speakers have also been improved to provide twice the bass and 25 percent more volume than the previous generation.
Featuring a significantly smaller footprint, the MacBook Air takes up 17 percent less volume, is 10 percent thinner measuring just 0.61 inches at its thickest point, and at just 2.75 pounds is a quarter pound lighter than the previous generation. Made from a custom Apple-designed aluminum alloy, the MacBook Air was created out of 100 percent recycled aluminum. This custom aluminum alloy helps reduce the MacBook Air's carbon footprint by nearly 50 percent.
The system is powered by an 8th Gen 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor and has 8GB of onboard 2133 MHz LPDDR3 RAM and a 128GB PCIE-based SSD. Connect to the internet via Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and use Bluetooth 4.2 to connect wirelessly to compatible peripherals and accessories. The dual Thunderbolt 3 ports provide high bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s and the versatility of USB Type-C. macOS Mojave is the installed operating system, which features a Dark Mode, a Stacks feature, and a full redesign of the Mac App Store.
- 13.3" Retina IPS Display
- With four times as many pixels as an HD display, the 13.3" Retina IPS Display provides up to 48 percent more color than the previous generation. The Retina Display has a 2560 x 1600 screen resolution and a 16:10 aspect ratio for 227 pixels per inch (ppi). The display glass goes right to the edge of the screen, making the bezels 50 percent thinner than before.
- Touch ID
- The advanced security and convenience of Touch ID is built into the MacBook Air. Simply place your finger on the integrated Touch ID sensor and your MacBook Air unlocks. Use your fingerprint to immediately access locked documents, notes, and system settings. You can also use Apple Pay securely during checkout while online shopping. No need to enter shipping or billing info, and your card details are never shared.
- Apple T2 Security Chip
- Introducing the Apple T2 chip, a second‑generation custom Mac silicon designed by Apple to make MacBook Air even more secure. The Apple T2 chip includes a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. It also consolidates many discrete controllers, including the system management controller, audio controller, and SSD controller, into one. And the Apple T2 chip brings a familiar voice to MacBook Air - Hey Siri is always ready to open apps, find documents, play music, or answer your questions.
- The MacBook Air features an 8th Gen 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor. It also has 8 of onboard 2133 MHz LPDDR3 RAM and a 128GB PCIe-based SSD.
- The keyboard features the butterfly mechanism, which provides four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, and has greater comfort and responsiveness. And individual LED-backlit keys with an ambient light sensor help you type in low-light environments.
- Force Touch Trackpad
- The Force Touch trackpad lets you interact with your MacBook Air in a variety of ways based on subtle differences in pressure. You have precise control and a uniform response — no matter where you click the trackpad — as well as plenty of room for Multi-Touch gestures, like pinch and zoom.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- Stereo Speakers
- The improved stereo speakers features twice the bass with greater range and has 25 percent more volume than the previous generation. The wider stereo sound creates immersive audio when you're listening to music or watching a movie.
- FaceTime HD Camera
- The front-facing HD camera allows you to FaceTime with friends and family in HD quality for either one-on-one or group calls. The three integrated microphones form an array that can accurately capture your voice for FaceTime calls, as well as dictation and talking to Siri.
- The MacBook Air is the first Mac to be made of 100% recycled aluminum. The aluminum alloy was created by Apple and it delivers the same strength, durability, and finish — without having to mine any new aluminum from the earth for up to 47% lower carbon emissions compared to the previous generation. It's designed to use shavings of recaptured aluminum that are re-engineered down to the atomic level.
- macOS Mojave
- macOS Mojave features a Dark Mode that transforms your desktop with a redesign that allows you to focus on your content. The Stacks feature organizes messy desktops by automatically stacking files into neat groups. Familiar iOS apps, including News, Stocks, Voice Memos, and Home, are now available on the Mac. FaceTime now supports group calling and the Mac App Store got a complete redesign, featuring rich editorial content and the addition of apps from top developers, including Microsoft and Adobe.
Apple 13.3" MacBook Air with Retina Display (Late 2018, Space Gray)
30W USB Type-C Power Adapter
USB Type-C Charging Cable (6.56' / 2m)
If you wish to pay using your card then unfortunately due to the value of the products we sell we can only send orders to the billing address of your card.
However, If you need to have an item delivered to an alternative address to your billing address then we can do this but you would have to select to pay via either Bank Transfer or Amazon Pay.
By using Amazon Payments you can select one of your saved address on Amazon for your delivery - we are happy to help over the telephone if you have not used Amazon Payments before or if you are having any problems.
We understand this can sometimes be difficult with work commitments, but we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Please note we are unable to accept card payments for orders placed from outside of the UK, the only methods of payment we can accept for orders from outside of the UK would be a bank transfer or Amazon Pay.
For UK we normally ship out your order within 3 to 5 working days of receiving your cleared payment. If you require delivery by or before a certain date please call us on 02086695668 and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Shipping insurance is included in the cost of delivery. The following table is a guide to shipping times for orders:
||Rest of Europe
|FedEx / Royal Mail
|3-5 Working days from Payment Processing
||5-7 Working days from Payment Processing
||5-10 Working days from Payment Processing
Alternatively, if you would rather come and collect from our office, you are more than welcome to. We would just require you to call us first on 02086695668 to place an order with us beforehand to check stock availability, and once your order is ready to collect, our sales team will contact you.